backgrnd

Sep 26, 2010

BBQ Chili

This past week was the beginning of fall, and I am definitely ready for it. I'm ready for pumpkin patches, fireplaces, sweaters and comfort food! Today I thought I would start the season off a little early with one of my go to easy dishes...chili!
I decided to take a little different of a spin on it which was delightful, SA was thrilled with the BBQ-ness of it and I was thrilled at how easy it came together.  I am pretty sure this is going to be my new "feed a crowd" recipe.



BBQ Chili
1 pound ground beef
1 Cans kidney, beans rinsed and drained
1 Cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Can white beans
1 Can of Ranch Style Beans
1  onion, chopped
1 1/2 TBS chili powder
1/2 TBS cumin
1 Can diced tomatoes
1/2 c vegetable broth
1 1/2 c. frozen corn
1 c. BBQ sauce

Brown ground beef and drain.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer or  I put it in a crock pot for about 2.5 hours on high.
We topped those off with corn chips from Trader Joe's and a little sour cream.

2 comments:

Lea Woodard said...

Yummity yum yum yum! I made a big Crock Pot of this today and it was stupendously good. I absolutely LOVED the flavor, as the predominate BBQ flavor was a fantastic departure from the traditional tomato base I'm used to (and tired of.)
Because that's just how I roll, I did modify the recipe slightly to adapt to what I had available and my tastes. Onions are a favorite of mine but I only used half instead of a whole one, and because the final mix looked really thick added another cup of vegetable broth.
Mix in a generous dollop of sour cream and you have a truly amazing bowl of chili goodness.
Many thanks and props to you for sharing this delicious recipe. It's bonafide ;-)

Faith said...

Yesss! Thanks Lea!!! It is pretty damn good, and my new go to chili recipe...altho... I think the next time I make it I am going to try and just mix in the components of bbq sauce instead of using...well...bbq sauce.
hah! :) So glad you enjoyed!