backgrnd

Feb 20, 2011

Garlic-Cheese Crusted Chicken and Savory Garlic Cream Pasta

Sometimes chicken is well... boring.  I mean don't get me wrong you can dress it up about a million different ways and parade it around but still it kind of bores me. This recipe however was anything but boring and stemmed from the fact that I saw asparagus in the store again. Oh and the fact that I went to look at fresh pasta in the cheese section (does that make sense?) and saw a new product from Philadelphia Cream Cheese that I really wanted to try.  Normally I'm not into fast fixes or shortcut kind of ingredients, but I do love me some cream cheese and I figured it would hurt to give it a try.  The end result was delicious and a recipe I will be going back to many, many times, I am sure!



Garlic-Cheese Crusted Chicken and Savory Garlic Cream with asparagus, tomatoes and basil pasta
1/3 cup melted butter

2 Tablespoons minced garlic
3/4 cup panko
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    
     Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Combine melted butter with garlic and in another bowl combine panko with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.  Dip chicken in butter mixture and then in crumb mixture. Place in prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.

Savory Garlic Cream with asparagus, tomatoes and basil pasta

2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 a pound of fresh asparagus cut into 1 inch chunks
1 tomato diced
1clove of garlic diced
1/2 onion diced finely
1 container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme Savory Garlic flavor
Cooked Pasta (reserve about 1/2 cup of cooking water)
shredded basil

In a skillet over medium high heat melt butter and saute onion and garlic until soft. Add in asparagus and cook until desired done-ness.  Mix in one container of Philadelphia cooking creme savory garlic and 1/2 a cup of reserved cooking water.  Heat without allowing it to boil, stirring frequently about five minutes or warm and then mix in diced tomatoes.  Serve over pasta and top with shredded basil.

Just to add in, I am by no means being paid by Philadelphia cream cheese, or Kraft, I just was intrigued by the ingredient!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I saw that Phil Cooking Creme and thought it sounded good since I love cream cheese too, but I was skeptical. Thanks for letting me know about it. It sounds great the way you have prepared it:)

Reeni said...

I haven't seen the cooking cream but it sounds good - I love their cream cheese. The chicken and pasta sounds really good! Definitely not boring but delicious.

Merut said...

I am with you. Chicken can be very boring. I love the crust for this chicken with the cheese mixed in. Yummy yummy. I can't wait for some good ol' asparagus!

Regan Jones RD said...

...my motto: You can never have too many chicken recipes!

Love panko & cheddar together - crunchy & creamy. Yum.
~Regan
Cabot Creamery