backgrnd

Jun 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls

Ugh, I am a bad bad blogger!!! But in my defense it has been a very busy couple of weeks!! We have been down a manager at work so I have been working crazy weird shifts several times out of the week  and also it was my birthday! (Hopefully I will have a fatty post on that later this week considering we made a FEAST!) And also to add to my list of sad excuses, its spring! Which is a magical time here in the valley! I got my first CSA farm share (spinach, two kinds of lettuce, radishes, and strawberry spread) and finally the strawberries are in SEASON! My oh my.  Today SA and I went to a u-pick place and scored some beautiful berries.  Red, juicy, and ORGANIC.  They taste amazing! This recipe is something that one of my friends and I threw together after hearing about a trader Joe's recipe.  They are delicious and even addictive. I recommend that if you make them you make them for a group so you aren't eating them all by yourself.
please forgive me, I semi-ho'd it!


Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Rolls
peanut butter cream cheese frosting
two pieces of bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled
Cinnamon

Cook Cinnamon Rolls according to directions and spread peanut butter cream cheese over top while still hot.  Sprinkle with bacon and cinnamon to taste!


Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 -3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Mix peanut butter and cream cheese together until smooth and add vanilla and powdered sugar one cup at a time until spreading consistency.

3 comments:

Reeni said...

OMG - bacon in cinnamon rolls?! And peanut butter? Be still my heart!

Heather S-G said...

Awesome combo...now I must try ;P

Megan Bennett said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great one even though you've been working a ton.

Peanut butter? Check. Bacon? Check. The hubs would love these.

Glad to see you back- Megan