backgrnd

Sep 16, 2011

Camping Food Volume 1: Dinner!

Recently I had the pleasure of joining some of my best friends on a camping trip to celebrate my lovin husbands birthday! I am an old pro at camping food and I knew that I wanted to do some super yummy fair rather than my usual lazy black beans and rice that I make when it's just Todd and I camping. I decided on a favorite that is something that i even make at home. I have heard this dish called a multitude of things from hobo stew to foil packets. I just call them veggie packets!




One thing about camping with friends is that I knew I wanted to make it as easy as possible and do much of the prep before we hit the campground. There are about a million ways and combinations to serve this up but here is my favorite way!



First, I prepped all of the vegetables at home. What you want to remember is that the potatoes are the base of the dish so you want to cut up more than you really think you will need. Also, I like to give people options so I packed a couple of different flavor options for the crew.



Foil Packets
(This is for a single serving, which is nice because the single servings cook faster than a multi person serving.(AND this is how I like my pockets)
1 1/2 c. sliced potatoes
sliced onions to taste
a hand full of broccoli florets, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini
1/4 pound of ground beef flattened into a hamburger patty
a tsp. chopped olives
a few slices of polska kielbasa
butter
salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
Worcestershire sauce
Once you have your ingredients all together in front of you take some heavy duty foil and pull two pieces off about twelve inches long and cross them on top of one another. Take some butter or oil (I made life easier and brought along squeeze butter.) and squirt a little on the foil the lay down a bed of potatoes and then sprinkle the rest of your veggies on top and then the burger patty on top of that. Spice to your taste (I like garlic powder, salt, pepper, worestchire sauce and onion powder.) You can also do more of a Mexican flavor with chili powder, salsa, cumin etc or Italian with tomatoes, oregano, basil and garlic.



Once you have everything compiled in your foil, wrap it up well, making sure to roll your edges, tight.


Set the foil packet on the fire out of the direct heat for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping half way through. Before you deem it ready you want to open the packet and make sure that the burger is done.
voila! And clean up??? That's as easy as tossing your foil in the trash!













*

4 comments:

Megan Bennett said...

Oh my gosh! I love that you shared this! I love camping food. I remember making these in girl scouts. There is something about food cooked over a campfire that I am in love with. Keep these babies coming.

Bourbonnatrix said...

i don't do the camping thing, but i would totally make this at home on the bbq! thanks for sharing!

Cccam Server said...

Cccam Server | Cardsharing | Cardsharing Server | Dreambox Cccam | Dreambox Cardsharing

Your weblog seems to be astounding complete with excellent posts.. and so on. I believe youll get even far better good results with including some a lot more video clips and pictures. What do you believe. While Ive bookmarked it. Thank you.

Do something that relaxes you, like take a bubble bath, or chill out outside.

CrownQQ Agen BandarQ said...

CrownQQ Agen DominoQQ BandarQ dan Domino99 Online Terbesar

Yuk Buruan ikutan bermain di website CrownQQ

Sekarang CROWNQQ Memiliki Game terbaru Dan Ternama loh...

9 permainan :
=> Poker
=> Bandar Poker
=> Domino99
=> BandarQ
=> AduQ
=> Sakong
=> Capsa Susun
=> Bandar 66
=> Perang Baccarat (NEW GAME)

=> Bonus Refferal 20%
=> Bonus Turn Over 0,5%
=> Minimal Depo 20.000
=> Minimal WD 20.000
=> 100% Member Asli
=> Pelayanan DP & WD 24 jam
=> Livechat Kami 24 Jam Online
=> Bisa Dimainkan Di Hp Android
=> Di Layani Dengan 5 Bank Terbaik
=> 1 User ID 9 Permainan Menarik

Ayo gabung sekarang juga hanya dengan
mengklick daftar crownqq

Link Resmi CrownQQ:
Idcrownqq,com
Idcrownqq,net
Idcrownqq,org
Idcrownqq,info

BACA JUGA BLOGSPORT KAMI:
Info CrownQQ
CrownQQWIN
Berita dan Info Dunia
Entertainmensartis

Info Lebih lanjut Kunjungi
WHATSAPP : +6287771354805
LINE : CS CROWNQQ
TELEGRAM : +855882357563