backgrnd

Jun 27, 2010

Any Perfect Sunday

Today was an amazing day! The sun was shining and it was actually over 80 degrees, which seems to be a rare and splendid surprise for this neck of the woods! The sexy artist(SA)(aka my husband!) and I had a driving adventure and even checked out one of the "health food" stores in the neighborhood. I would strongly recommend Sundance foods to anyone in the greater Eugene area! We bought a new product we are excited to try out, and I will blog about it when I do!!! We also picked up some garlic scape's, a BEAUTIFUL eggplant and a new beeswax candle, which I am pretty much convinced smells like heaven. We took a great detour and let Curry (the eighty pound golden retriever) play in the McKenzie river, and once we got home were both kind of tired and hot, yet dinner HAD to be made!!!
*Fair warning* This will probably be the LAMEST blog post EVER because I took no pictures, but cut me some slack... I hadn't even decided to make a cooking blog at that point!
So I had some organic ground beef that I had been wanting to use and quickly decided to make hamburgers. And what is better than STUFFED BURGERS!!!!

Stuffed Burgers (this makes two good size patties!)
1/2 pound of quality ground beef
2 slices of bacon chopped and fried until very crispy
2 TBSP onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove, smashed and finely chopped
cheese finely grated (We used tilamook GARLIC CHEDDAR because it is the bomb, and one can never have enough garlic in their life!)
1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp of grill seasoning (we used the grill mates garlic burger seasoning) (are we sending a garlic trend here?)

1. Mix together the Worcestershire sauce, grill seasoning and meat.

2. In a bowl mix the other ingredients (onion, bacon, garlic and cheese)

3. Divide your meat into four same size patties and flatten.Once you have the stuffing ready, place it in the center of one patty. Spread it out, leaving plenty of room all around the edges. Place the second patty on top and press the edges together. Make sure that you have a good solid patty that isn't too thick, or it will never cook on the grill!

4. Grill it up!!! Be sure to be careful, or you will end up like me with a blob of cheese that needs to be cleaned off her grill!

We decided that these burgers didn't really need buns, but just some sauce on the side. I used mayo because I love it so and SA covered his in some of the Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce.

Since both of us were being lazy and didn't want to heat the kitchen up as much as possible we decided to try a new recipe I saw on one of the other blogs I follow, Angel in the Kitchen.
It was delicious and I would HIGHLY recommend it. But be careful and make sure you soak your corn a full twenty minutes, or you WILL catch it on fire :)
Also we added crushed peppercorns and left of the Parmesan since our burgers were so cheese heavy ;) Moderation, RIGHT?!

Grilled Corn with Garlic Butter and Parmesan(modified from angelinthekitchen.blogspot.com)
Makes 8 servings

8 ears sweet corn, husks on
1/3 c. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. cracked peppercorn

1. Soak corn in cold water for 20 minutes. This is a crucial step toward not turning your corn into a burnt pile.

2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, garlic, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Set aside 2 Tbsp.

3. Peel back corn husks to within 1" of the bottom. Remove the silk.

4. Brush with the garlic butter.

5. Re wrap the corn in the husks, and secure the husks with kitchen twine.(we didn't do this part but it probably would of made it easier)

6.Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for about 25 minutes, turning occasionally.

7. Cut the strings and peel back or remove the husks. Drizzle with the reserved butter, and sprinkle with Parmesan.

So how is that for a first post?! Since I didn't take any pics of the actual food we ate tonight, I will try and leave a pic...



These are some of the "perfect peas" SA harvested from the garden tonight... tomorrow they will become a masterpiece :)

5 comments:

Sexy Artist said...

Great first blog hon! Way to combind your two joys! I'm starting to see why Hank Hill is such a believer in propane and propane accessories for grilling. You may not get the great smokey flavor, but you get back what you lose in convience and ease.

Anonymous said...

love it!! can't wait to read more!! (AND, can't wait to try that corn recipe! YUM!)

Amber said...

Please come be my personal chef!

Sher said...

I LOVE IT!!! Keep up the good work. The burgers sound delish, cant wait to try them out on my family!!

Lea Woodard said...

I'm along the corn tonight! Just the garlic and butter warming smell AMAZING!